El 30/10/15 a les 18.02, Thomas Laus ha escrit:
> List:
> I finally found a PC that had all of the necessary CPU instructions.  It is
> my company issued i7 laptop.  I loaded FreeBSD Current on a spare hard drive
> and Xen is able to start and the 'xl list' shows that my DomU is loaded and
> running. I just get a black screen when attempting a vncviewer connection to
> the Dom0 address from another computer.

So the VNC client attaches successfully to the server, but the output is
just a black screen? IMHO, that looks more like a guest or VNC issue
rather than a Xen/Qemu one. Have you tried different guest OSes and
different VNC clients? (TigerVNC Viewer has always worked fine for me).

But regarding your question: no, Xen Dom0 doesn't require X at all in
order to run.