From: kmacy...@gmail.com [mailto:kmacy...@gmail.com] On Behalf Of K. Macy
>That would explain it. If the Linux backend supports TSO, then netfront will
>of course advertise TSO. And >presumably there's no way to query the netback,
>since Xen is linux-centric. Assuming you haven't already I would >disable TSO.

> Or have you already tried that?

This morning I've tried building a kernel without the TCP_OFFLOAD option.  When
booting the new system, I see this in dmesg:

xn0:  <Virtual Network Interface> at device/vif/0 on xenbusb_front0
xn0:  Ethernet address:  00:16:3e:00:00:30
xn0:  backend features:  feature-sg feature-gso-tcp4
xn_txeof:  WARNING:  response is -1!

Ifconfig -v xn0 looks like:

xn0:  flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500
        options=403<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,LRO>

Pings work, ftp works (I was able to get the src.txz file off of
ftp.freebsd.org to build the kernel)
ssh does not work (handshaking fails) but I can login via telnet.  However,
just about anything
that requires lots of output gets a bit clobbered.

Are there any other kernel/sysctl parameters I should be disabling?

It is almost working, but I need help to know if this is a netfront or a
netback issue.  If it is a NetBSD issue
I'll move the discussion over to port-...@netbsd.org