> On 16 Aug 2016, at 15:41, rai...@ultra-secure.de wrote:
> Am 2016-08-16 15:38, schrieb Borja Marcos:
>> Maybe this is too obvious, my apologies in that case. But, how have
>> the filesystems been
>> created and mounted? Asynchronous? Synchronous? Journalling?
>> Softupdates in the case of
>> FreeBSD UFS? It can make quite a difference.
> FreeBSD
> /dev/ada2p1 on /home/db (ufs, local, soft-updates)
> Linux:
> /dev/mapper/system-lvm--home /home           ext4    defaults        0       2
> What does "defaults" mean, BTW?

That’s the mother of the lamb, we use to say in Spain ;)

I guess it depends on the particular distribution, not just on being ext4. Is
there a tool similar to
dumpfs on Linux?

You can also experiment with the FreeBSD options, maybe it will be a quicker
route. Try to mount as asynchronous.
In case it  makes a big difference, you got it.