Am 2016-08-16 15:48, schrieb Borja Marcos:
On 16 Aug 2016, at 15:41, rai...@ultra-secure.de wrote:

Am 2016-08-16 15:38, schrieb Borja Marcos:

Maybe this is too obvious, my apologies in that case. But, how have
the filesystems been
created and mounted? Asynchronous? Synchronous? Journalling?
Softupdates in the case of
FreeBSD UFS? It can make quite a difference.

FreeBSD

/dev/ada2p1 on /home/db (ufs, local, soft-updates)

Linux:
/dev/mapper/system-lvm--home /home ext4 defaults 0 2

What does "defaults" mean, BTW?

That’s the mother of the lamb, we use to say in Spain ;)

I guess it depends on the particular distribution, not just on being
ext4. Is there a tool similar to
dumpfs on Linux?

Apparently, it's in
cat /proc/mounts

/dev/mapper/system-lvm--tmp /tmp ext4 rw,relatime,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/mapper/system-lvm--var /var ext4 rw,relatime,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/mapper/system-lvm--home /home ext4 rw,relatime,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/mapper/system-lvm--varlog /var/log ext4 rw,relatime,data=ordered 0 0

You can also experiment with the FreeBSD options, maybe it will be a
quicker route. Try to mount as asynchronous.
In case it  makes a big difference, you got it.

But I don't really want to mount it asyncronous.
Would it help to have journaling?

Or is soft-updates already the "optimum"?

https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/configtuning-disk.html