Am 2016-08-16 16:18, schrieb Roger Pau Monné:

I'm not saying it's not possible, but are you sure this slowdown is caused by the disk? It's certainly a possibility, but I would like to make sure
it's caused by that before jumping into conclusions.

Can you load the full database in RAM and perform the same test. TBH, I
don't use MariaDB, so I'm not sure what's the best way to achieve this, but a quick search on google shows there are multiple ways. In any case, make
sure with iostat that the database is not read from the disk.

I'll try to do some disk-benchmarks, when I can attach some bigger disks.