On 12/6/2016 3:04 AM, Roger Pau Monné wrote:

Hello,

There have been some blkback changes in FreeBSD 11.0 in order to support using
more disk types from blkback (like iSCSI). In order to achieve this, if you want
to use blkback from a driver domain you will have to install the xen-tools
package in the driver domain, and execute the xendriverdomain at domain startup
(add xendriverdomain_enable="YES" to your rc.conf). After that, everything
should work as expected.

Hi Roger,

I installed xen-tools and added xendriverdomain_enable="YES" to rc.conf. After rebooting this is what I see:

Dec  6 19:14:20 host xenstored: Checking store ...
Dec  6 19:14:20 host xenstored: Checking store complete.
Dec  6 19:14:20 host xenstored: Checking store ...
Dec  6 19:14:20 host xenstored: Checking store complete.
Dec 6 19:14:21 host kernel: Failed to initialize dom0 state: No such file or directory
Dec  6 19:14:22 host kernel: .
Dec  6 19:14:51 host last message repeated 28 times
Dec 6 19:14:52 host xenconsoled: Failed to contact xenstore (No such file or directory). Is it running?

Trying to start xenstoredomain manually results in:

Starting xenservices: xl devd.libxl: error: libxl.c:124:libxl_ctx_alloc: cannot connect to xenstore: No such file or directory
cannot init xl context

The kernel is showing a xenstore device on boot

... kernel: xenstore0: <XenStore> on xenpv0

I see that there is a xencommons rc script too so I also tried to add xencommons_enable="YES" and start that first. No luck.

I must still be missing a step...

Thanks,

Nathan