On 20.01.2017 18:57, Trond Endrestøl wrote:
Here is the situation:
I have a VPS server from a well reputed provider (and they deserve the
reputation), running FreeBSD 11 stable x64 under Xen Full Virtualization
(HVM). I have the xn0 interface which is working fine. I intend to use VIMAGE,
so I compiled the kernel, added cloned_interface="bridge0" and restarted the
server. But as soon as I am attaching the xn0 to bridge0, the kernel is
panicking and the server restarting.
Any suggestion/pointer/test-instruction is highly appreciated.

The code crashes at line 427 of sys/netinet/if_ether.c:

stable/11 has problems accounting the outgoing octets of any xn
interface, although this isn't connected to your case.

Just to rule out any uncertainty, try this patch:

See PR 213439,

Note, I'm not a developer nor a committer, just a humble sysadmin.

This problem is unrelated. ARP statistics is global and isn't related to some specific interface. IMHO, the kernel panics due to missing VNET context. As I see from the code in sys/dev/xen, it is not capable with VIMAGE.

WBR, Andrey V. Elsukov