Cool, many thanks!

--

Alex

---- On Wed, 25 Jan 2017 14:50:51 +0300 Roger Pau Monné
<roger....@citrix.com> wrote ----

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 02:20:55PM +0300, Alexander Nusov wrote:

> Got it, thanks.

> I found a workaround to avoid XENBUS delay in Linux DomUs by adding
xen_platform_pci = 0 to the configuration file.

> So FreeBSD 11.0 Dom0 can boot Linux guests and Windows Server (FreeBSD
DomU still stuck on xenbusb_nop_confighook_cb) from QCOW2 images (also works
with QCOW2 overlay images)

On FreeBSD you can boot with QCOW2 by not setting "xen_platform_pci = 0" on the

guest config file and adding "hw.xen.disable_pv_disks=1" to the

/boot/loader.conf file of the guest. This will prevent FreeBSD from using the

PV disk, but you will still get the PV network interfaces.

> Can you tell me please what is the disadvantage of not using /dev/xen/vbd
devices and drivers in guests? like slow I/O?

Slow IO only.

> May it lead to data corruption?

No.