Am 2017-09-21 13:33, schrieb Karl Pielorz:
--On 20 September 2017 11:15 -0700 "Rodney W. Grimes"
<freebsd-...@pdx.rh.cn85.dnsmgr.net> wrote:

As you found one of these let me point out the pair of them:
kern.cam.ada.default_timeout: 30
kern.cam.ada.retry_count: 4

Adjusting these doesn't seem to make any difference at all.

I asked myself already if the disks from Xen(Server) are really CAM-disks.

They certainly don't show up with camcontrol devlist.

If they don't show-up there, why should any cam timeouts apply?

BTW: storage-failures also kill various Linux hosts.
They usually turn their filesystem into read-only mode and then you've got to reboot anyway.