On Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 11:12:30PM -0400, Steven Friedrich wrote:
> I can boot a xen kernel, but it appears it doesn't acquire a DHCP address
> from my router.

Does this mean that the box doesn't boot correctly, or just that the
network card is not working when running under Xen?

> Someone suggested using vga=current,keep on xen_cmdline,
> but I'm unsure of the valid xen_cmdline arguments.

The best option would be to hook a serial cable and get the output
from the serial console.

The list of valid xen_cmdline can be found here for the 4.11 ports:

http://xenbits.xen.org/docs/unstable/misc/xen-command-line.html

Or here if you are using the 4.7 port:

http://xenbits.xen.org/docs/4.7-testing/misc/xen-command-line.html

> Do I have to configure and build a FreeBSD kernel or just use what the xen
> meta-port builds?

You don't have to build a specific kernel to run FreeBSD as Dom0, just
using the GENERIC one from either 11.X or HEAD should work.

Roger.