On 12/19/2011 02:03, Chris Rees wrote:

> On 19 Dec 2011 09:59, "Doug Barton" <do...@freebsd.org
> <mailto:do...@freebsd.org>> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks, that's 1/3 of the job done. :)  The problem is that the current
>> OPTION creates the false idea that the only way you can lock your screen
>> is to use xlockmore.
>>
>> Perhaps you missed my followup where I mentioned that the next step
>> would be to add an OPTION for xscreensaver as well, and the logic to
>> avoid having them both defined.
>
> I'll look at that later.

Thanks. In answer to your question avoiding having both enabled would be
nice since it avoids duplicate, unnecessary redundancy.

>> Better yet would be to detect if one or the other is already installed,
>> and default the OPTIONS accordingly.
>
> Autodetection in ports? No thanks!

I didn't suggest autodetecting for the dependencies, I suggested it for
the OPTIONS. That's been done for a long time, and ideally should be how
it's always done.

Doug

--

                [^L]