On Mon, 20 Feb 2012, John Marshall wrote:

- FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE i386
- Xfce4 (latest from ports)
- Xfce4-panel 4.8.6

With the rebuilds required by the recent pcre library update I decided I
might as well upgrade FreeBSD and rebuild ports. Since then I've been
fooled not a few times by the clock display.

I include the clock in my panel and I have it set to the LCD display
layout. Since the recent rebuild (on three systems) the middle segment
is missing on the 8, so that the 8 displays as a 0. The middle segment
on the 6 is very thin. The middle segment displays fine in all other
cases (2, 3, 4, 5, 9).

I'm seeing this on three similarly configured systems.

Just checked, and it also happens on 8-stable. Digital is fine, but LCD has exactly the problem described. Changing panel height does not fix it. Could be a font library thing, or maybe the LCD option renders its own graphic output without a font.