Hi, thank you for quick response, so here is my answers.

> > I have problem with missing window decoration. I have updated xfce to
> 4.10 and I lost 3 times windows decoration this week. After start xfce
> and login is decoration missing.
> >
> > Google says that I should remove settings xfce folder. Yes it helps
> but for while. When I set up everything, I lost settings I am very
> angry.
> Have you try with Xfce settings manager ?

Yes, but everything about window manager doesnt start. I click on it, but no

> > Some tech. information:
> >
> > FreeBSD 9.0 amd64
> > Fresh ports
> > xfce starting via gdm (with this option is missing dependency for
> gnome-keyring)
> Yes in x11-wm/xfce4-session, gnome-keyring is disabled, it's
> intentional, because this library will be removed in next update
> version.

Thank you for information I am newbie in xfce I came from gnome.

> I hope, it's not gdm3. If yes, you must patch
> x11-themes/gtk-xfce-engine, because it's support only GTK2 theme.
> Could you test with Xdm.
> If you want to use it, copy /usr/local/etc/xdg/xfce4/xinitrc in you
> $HOME (.xinitrc) and add symlink for ~/.xsession.

I will try it, thank you.

> And if you lost again windows decoration, could you post ~/.xsession-
> errors.

I have deleted user and create it again, so it is working at this moment. But I
have .xsession-errors when it has been broken, so here is:

/usr/local/etc/gdm/Xsession: Beginning session setup...
FreeBSD is started up by the program 'init'.  The first thing init does when
starting multiuser mode (ie, starting the computer up for normal use) is to
run the shell script /etc/rc.  By reading /etc/rc and the /etc/rc.d/ scripts,
you can learn a lot about how the system is put together, which again will
make you more confident about what happens when you do something with it.
/usr/local/etc/gdm/Xsession: Setup done, will execute: /usr/bin/ssh-agent --
/usr/local/bin/startxfce4: X server already running on display :0
xfce4-session-Message: ssh-agent is already running

(xfce4-panel:3125): xfce4-panel-CRITICAL **: Plugin minicmd: There was no
module found at

(xfce4-panel:3125): xfce4-panel-CRITICAL **: Plugin quicklauncher: There was no
module found at

(xfce4-session:3112): Wnck-CRITICAL **: wnck_workspace_activate: assertion
`WNCK_IS_WORKSPACE (space)' failed
xfsettingsd: No window manager registered on screen 0.

(xfsettingsd:3127): xfsettingsd-WARNING **: Failed to get the
xfce4-panel: No window manager registered on screen 0. To start the panel
without this check, run with --disable-wm-check.

(xfce4-session:3112): Wnck-CRITICAL **: wnck_workspace_get_number: assertion
`WNCK_IS_WORKSPACE (space)' failed

Missing module is interesting, because I tried to compile and install theese
ports again with the same message.

Thank you
freebsd-xfce@freebsd.org mailing list