On Wed, 8 May 2013, Olivier Duchateau wrote:

2013/5/8 Warren Block <wbl...@wonkity.com>
      The new version of libxfce4util causes the Alt key to be ignored in
Keyboard/Application Shortcuts.  That is, if an existing shortcut used the Alt
key, it will not work.
       New shortcuts using the Alt key are recorded without it.

      Seems like this has happened before, but I can't recall the solution.

Shortcuts have been enhanced in xfce4-settings (not in libxfce4util), but I
don't know why your Alt key is ignored.

On my system when I pressed Alt + F2 xfce4-appfinder appears (default
shortcuts).

Alt+F2 works for me. And it looks like Alt works, it's the Shift key that does not.

I just created new shortcuts with Alt and every thing works fine.

In Settings/Keyboard/Application Shortcuts, click Add, enter firefox for the command, and press Alt Shift F. The shortcut recorded is just <Alt>f.

FAQ [1] can help you ?

[1] http://docs.xfce.org/faq

I don't think that applies to the application shortcuts.

Thanks!