On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 12:22 AM, Olivier Duchateau
<duchateau.oliv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2013/11/4 Rostislav Krasny <rosti....@gmail.com>:
>> I'm not familiar with autoconfig scripts, but is this workaround still
>> necessary?
>> According to following code chunk taken from
>> http://git.xfce.org/archive/xfce-utils/tree/configure.in.in
>
> It's wrong file, xfce-utils is deprecated (located in archive folder).
>
> xfce4-about code now belongs to libxfce4ui (libxfce4menu in your ports tree).

libxfce4ui/tree/configure.ac.in has the same code with the same logic.
Take a look on this:

http://git.xfce.org/xfce/libxfce4ui/tree/configure.ac.in

>>> I've never had this message in my log session.
>>
>> I see it in the console from wich I run startxfce4
>
> To avoid this message create an empty file like this:
> touch /usr/local/share/xfce4/vendorinfo

It will make an empty and unneeded tab named FreeBSD. If you want to
keep the vendor information, it's better to write something about
FreeBSD in that file (i.e. in that tab).

> See commit log, here
> http://git.xfce.org/xfce/libxfce4ui/commit/xfce4-about/main.c?id=4a14ef81cdc6f3e45b63eb42ca41c6af50c9c0c4

See the full version of this file. If the VENDOR_INFO macro isn't
defined, all that vendor specified code is disabled.

http://git.xfce.org/xfce/libxfce4ui/tree/xfce4-about/main.c

And according to libxfce4ui/tree/configure.ac.in the VENDOR_INFO seems
to be defined only when '--with-vendor-info' is used with some not
empty value.