On 02/18/15 00:14, Olivier Duchateau wrote:
Hi,

An update of sysutils/xfce4-power-manager is available for some time in Xfce
devel repo. It's time to test it.
Settings manager and panel were rewritten, support of FreeBSD (and DragonFly)
was enhanced.

Hello.

I tried this new version on my Acer TM B113-E (I was the person who entered bug #197529).

On my laptop I can decrease (or increase brightness level with multimedia keys,
but not with sysctl).

Changing brighness through the keys does not work, but it never did.

When panel plugin is running, we can define new mode calls 'presentation mode'.
I have experimental patches [4] which inhibits xscreensaver (apply to
sysutils/power-manager-common). To enable, new property must be created:

xfconf-query -c xfce4-power-manager -p /xfce4-power-manager/presentation-mode
-n -t bool -s true

To disable:
xfconf-query -c xfce4-power-manager -p /xfce4-power-manager/presentation-mode -T

I see this option in the panel; do I still need to run the above commands?

The panel icon now shows correctly if I'm running on line power or battery (as it did before upower 0.99). An estimate is given about battery life and I also receive notifications; the two however don't agree at all: e.g. panel gives 2h1', notification says 2' (60 times less).

Closing the lid does not lock the screen: this was working before (with older upower).

Also, the new panel item is a big waste on a 10" monitor: with the older version the icon lived in the notification area. Is this behaviour still possible?

Overall, it looks like the old functionality (the one that upower 0.99 broke) was in part (but not all) recovered.

 bye & Thanks
        av.