Date: Sat Mar 7 12:11:26 2015
New Revision: 28437
Refresh NEWS files for 2.5.0-RC2.
NEWS is refreshed from wiki NEWS-2.5.0.
NEWS-2.5 updated from wiki NEWS-2.5.0-RC2.
--- branches/S2_5/NEWS (original)
+++ branches/S2_5/NEWS Sat Mar 7 12:11:26 2015
@@ -498,9 +498,9 @@
- * (as of beta2) The Qt client is now substantially complete, and an
- experimental Windows build is available. A Qt version of the
- modpack installer is also available.
+ * (as of beta2) The Qt client is now substantially complete, and a
+ Windows build is available. A Qt version of the modpack installer
+ is also available.
* The city map size in the city dialog now adapts to the ruleset.
This means that the city dialog in the SDL client is no longer
unusably small with the classic and similar rulesets. GNAPATCH#4389
@@ -534,21 +534,25 @@
* The icons for entertainers, scientists, and tax collectors now have
both male and female versions. GNAPATCH#4506
* The activity icons shown near units building roads and bases in
- Cimpletoon and Amplio2 are now small versions of the extras
- themselves. GNAPATCH#4059 GNA#20032
+ Cimpletoon, Amplio2, and Trident are now small versions of the
+ extras themselves. GNAPATCH#4059 GNA#20032 GNAPATCH#5856
+ * (as of RC2) The Trident tileset has been updated for various
+ recently added game elements, including lake and maglev.
+ GNAPATCH#5856 GNAPATCH#5877
* Improve colors for global warming / nuclear winter progress
* Made a few specialist icons available for custom rulesets (worker,
farmer, merchant) for use by modpacks. These are not used in the
supplied rulesets. GNAPATCH#4467
- * (as of RC1) The Cimpletoon and Amplio2 tilesets have 'outpost' and
- 'airstrip' graphics for use by modpacks. GNAPATCH#5027
+ * The Cimpletoon and Amplio2 (as of RC1) and Trident (as of RC2)
+ tilesets have 'outpost' and 'airstrip' graphics for use by
+ modpacks. GNAPATCH#5027
* Updated French, Polish, Catalan, Russian, Korean, Scottish Gaelic,
- British English, traditional Chinese, Spanish, German, and Japanese
+ British English, traditional Chinese, Spanish, German, Japanese,
+ and Finnish localizations.
--- branches/S2_5/NEWS-2.5 (original)
+++ branches/S2_5/NEWS-2.5 Sat Mar 7 12:11:26 2015
@@ -1,10 +1,49 @@
-Welcome to Freeciv 2.5.0-beta2
+Welcome to Freeciv 2.5.0-RC2
The changes in the 2.5.x series are summarised below.
For changes prior to 2.5, see NEWS. For more detailed changes,
see the ChangeLog file.
+CHANGES FROM 2.5.0-RC1 TO 2.5.0-RC2
+ (from <http://www.freeciv.org/wiki/NEWS-2.5.0-RC2>)
+ Since RC1 there have been some bugfixes and improvements:
+ * When autosettlers were considering improving terrain, their
+ thoughts could accidentally be sent to the client, so the client
+ would display tiles with the wrong terrain temporarily. GNA#23286
+ * Various bugfixes to the Qt client:
+ + Changing ruleset caused the Qt client to crash. GNA#23322
+ + Changing tileset could cause the Qt client to crash and other
+ misbehavior. GNA#23326 GNA#23327
+ + Fix some black-text-on-black-background tooltips. GNA#23325
+ + Avoid scrollbars in the city production popup on Windows.
+ * Clients failed to display unit nationality. GNA#23311
+ * Fix a remaining crash in the Gtk2 client if the tileset is changed
+ with the science dialog open. GNA#22625
+ * An empty 'startunits' setting will now be rejected rather than
+ causing a crash. GNA#23346
+ * The Austrian nation was not being localized. GNA#23309
+ * Updated Trident tileset with support for new game elements: lake,
+ maglev, unit upkeep >2, unit activity icons, plus extras for
+ modpacks (outpost, airstrip, aluminum, uranium, saltpeter,
+ elephant). GNAPATCH#5856 GNAPATCH#5877
+ * Fix minor misalignment of some city food/production/trade numbers
+ in many supplied tilesets. GNA#23332
+ * Other very minor tweaks to Cimpletoon and Amplio2 graphics.
+ * Correct comment about gnuwin package used for Windows builds to
+ match actual RC1 build. GNATASK#7887
+ * Minor update to README.ruleset_civ2civ3 description of defense
+ bonuses. GNAPATCH#5860
+ * Invisible changes to assist localization. GNAPATCH#5854
+ * Updated translations: Catalan (complete), Finnish (95.6% core, 87%
CHANGES FROM 2.5.0-beta2 TO 2.5.0-RC1
Freeciv-commits mailing list