I uploaded a new and possibly final tech icon tarball:

ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/incoming/tech_icons_v5.tar.bz2

Preview here:

http://rt.freeciv.org/Ticket/Attachment/164990/109143/techs.png

According to my estimate, we have 72 high resolution sources, so it
would be easy enough to recreate the other dozen or so if we wanted to
create a tech icon set with different dimensions.

"Steel", "University" and "Ceremonial Burial" are licensed under the
GFDL on Wikimedia. The authors of the two former have given their
permission to dual-license under the GPL. The third hasn't responded yet.

~~Daniel