On 1/22/07, Daniel Markstedt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 1/22/07, Marko Lindqvist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >  So this ticket is down to blending problem with amplio seas. 1) We
> > want to blend between Ocean and land. 2) We want to blend between Deep
> > Ocean and land. 3) We do not want to blend between Ocean and Deep
> > Ocean. Currently we cannot get all three simultaneously.
> >

> The problem would 'go away' if we disallowed deep ocean next to land -
> as is the case in Civ3.

 Yes, but that would be quite a can of worms itself. And I'm not
particularly happy in hardwiring such rules now we have worked hard to
make mapgenerator as generic as it is today.
 Terrain is changed at least in mapgenerator, by terraforming and by
editor. Of these only mapgenerator currently have any idea of ocean
depth or if particular terrain is suitable representation of that
depth.

 The blending problem happens only with certain tilesets. Also, once
we start modifying terrain placement code to suit certain tileset,
what proves that similar problem does not appear between some other
terrain types in some other tileset.

 - ML