After reading http://bugs.freeciv.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=19822 I
feel I should say that I was playing on a donut world (5) (there are
no poles) and there were no enemy units within 5 spaces, but I did
have railroads that might have passed some enemy units.

I'm afraid I don't have a savegame (my battery ran out)

Good game btw, lots of nice new features since I played it last (1-2 years ago).

/Eric Druid