> [jdorje - Tue Nov 07 09:00:38 2006]:
>
> > [book - Sat Oct 14 14:50:35 2006]:
> >
> > Traderoutes can be drawn on the map, if the user wants.
> >
> > Changes:
> > - 3 new color definitions added for traderoute number display
> >   (i.e. red, yellow, green).
> > - drawing of traderoutes can be toggled in the view menu (shortcut
> >   ctrl-t; 't' shortcut for workers still works as expected).
> > - if traderoute drawing is enabled and two cities have a traderoute
> >   between them, a dotted green line is drawn from one city center to
> >   the other in LAYER_GRID1.
> > - if traderoute drawing is enabled a number is shown in the simple
> >   city description (beside the turns-to-grow) of how many
traderoutes
> >   that city has (e.g. [1/4]). If zero, this text is colored red, if
> >   all, then green, else yellow.
>
> http://bugs.freeciv.org/Ticket/Attachment/147855/96567/trade.jpg
>
> Hmm.  Clever idea but is it actually useful?  In the screenshot it
just
> seems confusing...
>
> -jason

Unfortunately it would not be very useful with that tileset, or I
suppose iso tilesets in general as you don't see a large enough area
of the map (I tend to use trident exclusively). The number of
traderoutes beside the city name is only implemented for the plain city
descriptions not the city bar. I agree that it adds much clutter to the
mapview, though players tend to only use it when making traderoutes and
can easily toggle it with ctrl-t.