Ulrik Sverdrup wrote:

> Attached a savegame that crashes freeciv 2.1 beta 4 (compiled myself
> from linux source on Ubuntu 6.10/ppc)
>
> Steps to reproduce: Load the attached savegame, and play as the
> hittites (username nn). Press end turn at once, and the game crashes.
>
> gdb backtrace is really short:

> 0x0fe16fec in strlen () from /lib/libc.so.6
>
> Seems like some string error/ null pointer thing.

I suspect this is the same as a bug I fixed yesterday (which I can't
reproduce myself anyway since it depends on your version of libc).

If you're compiling from source you could consider getting the SVN
version of the 2.1 branch:

svn co svn://svn.gna.org/svn/freeciv/branches/S2_1

otherwise, if you can show a full backtrace that will confirm if it's
the same problem.  Take the core file and run "gdb civserver core" then
type "bt".

-jason