On Thu, 26 Apr 2007, Bastiaan Jacques wrote:
>> The old CFLAGS is readded a bit later in the same file. What problem does
>> this patch solve?
>
> The problem is that the old CFLAGS are added 300 lines after they are
> removed. So they are not used for many package tests. So if use
>
>   CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include ./configure ...
>
> then the /usr/local/include path will not be used for detecting
> packages like SDL.

That is what --with-sdl-prefix and friends are for. I believe the reason
why CFLAGS are omitted for the tests is because some CFLAGS can make some
tests fail mysteriously. Although I am not sure why it is structured
exactly the way it is.

   - Per

"The secret source of humor itself is not joy but sorrow." -- Mark Twain