Reminder:

./autogen.sh --disable-nls --enable-client=gtk2
--prefix=/Users/wastrel/freeciv-stable

Shouldn't be any translation, correct?

===

In client/gui-gtk-2.0/pages.c, update_scenario_page:

     /* Translated loaded names (if any). */
     name = name ? _(name) : pfile->name;
     description = description ? _(description) : "";

assert(strlen(pfile->fullname)>0);
assert(strlen(pfile->name)>0);
assert(description!=NULL);
assert(name!=NULL);
assert(strlen(description)>0);
assert(strlen(name)>0);
     gtk_list_store_append(scenario_store, &it);
     gtk_list_store_set(scenario_store, &it,
                       0, name, 1, pfile->fullname, 2, description, -1);

Crash now occurs at:
assert(strlen(description)>0);

When I reverse the final tests, crash occurs at:
assert(strlen(name)>0);

===

This is a CRASH, not an assert exit.  The problem is bad memory access
whenever trying to strlen description or name, as shown in the earlier
crash logs.

I'm presuming these untranslated names are bad.  Branch 2.0 doesn't
have this code.

There's no way that I know enough to follow the translation routines,
but I've narrowed it down so that there can be no question.