Ulrik Sverdrup wrote:
> Proposed change: make borders in S2_1 a little less rigid, by allowing
> tiles to change hands when new sources are drastically closer than the
> old owning source.

I agree.  I have my own collection of odd border events pictures.

My guess is that the current system of recording the border (as in the
samegame) with one source per tile is too rigid.  It probably needs a
list per tile of influences, with each tile then "deciding" the owner
dynamically.  New/changed sources would each record their influence in
surrounding tiles.

But I never understood the other things that were tried.  It certainly
has to be different for civ3, where temples, libraries, etc. increase
influence over time.