On 6/11/07, Marko Lindqvist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > Is this a X86-64 platform perchance?
> >
> > Yes.
> >
> >    - Per
>
>  I studied this a bit a couple of months back. There should be old
> ticket for this.

I believe the warnings are about pointers cast to ints or back. This is used by
some tricks with pointer tables, which I guess are used by some interpreters.
If 32-bit pointers are being cast to 32-bit ints, it works. But if
64-bit pointers
are being cast to 32-bits, there is not enough space to fit the data.
A 64-bit int
type should be used then. Even better, since we use C99, intptr_t or
uintptr_t can
be used.

Of course, if the Lua people fixed this, we probably should just
upgrade. Otherwise
we should fix it and give them a patch.

--
Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa