Hello

Thanks for this addictive game.
Maybe I can contribute my library to generate names (cities, people,
rivers lakes).

I started to write it as a dirty hack for role playing.
Now I am at the next step: including it as a library into other
projects.
The last few months it matured. Now at least the version in CVS is ready
for inclusion into other projects.

I know you have a list of names in freeciv (player names and cities).
libnamegen is a small posix only library (win and linux) which uses
rules and databases to generate the names.

It even is able to distinguish between names of noble and common people.
(See 0/rome)

Examples can be seen at http://libnamegen.sourceforge.net/examples.html

Having it inserted into other projects will increase the name database
very fast.

If you are interested, or have special wishes, just write back.

Regards
Thorsten Sick
--
http://libnamegen.sourceforge.net