On 16/08/07, William Allen Simpson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Marko Lindqvist wrote:
> >  This ticket can be closed when procedure is documented.
> >
> For "svn purists" the latter is preferable.

 I know some who think that "tag is what it is and should never be
modified". I think I have seen that even in some svn manual as a
warning after chapter that makes it clear that in fact svn tags are
just like branches.
 Of course, actually there is *no* such things as branches or tags in
svn. There is just one big directory hierarchy (that's why all
branches share revision number), from which we usually refer only to
one subdirectory.

 Off topic: I have considered getting checkout of whole tree, so I
could sometimes commit bugfix to all branches in one commit.

 - ML