> [dmarks - Do 01. Mär 2007, 06:28:49]:
>
> On 2/7/07, Christian Prochaska <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > [dmarks - Mo 29. Jan 2007, 06:32:12]:
> > >
> > > SDL client and recent S2_1:
> > >
> > > There's a problem with long city names and the right sidebar, causing
> > > some text being obstructed by the unit sprite. See attached shot.
> > >
> > >  ~Daniel
> > >

> > Patch attached. Some of the other lines can get quite long, too, so I
> > moved the unit sprite into the background.
> >

> I like the solution. However the unit sprite in the background is IMHO
> too faint right now. Can it be made a little darker without imparing
> usability?
>
>  ~Daniel

In gui-sdl/mapview.c is a line

pBuf_Surf = blend_surface(pTmpSurf, 32);

which defines the opacity of the unit sprite (0=transparent,
255=opaque). Feel free to try some other values out (ideally with
different units, as some units are lighter and some are darker) and
report back which one fits best in your opinion.