Sorry, my account is not already create (woodswolf in future).

I don't really understand. Freeciv project is for playing or just an
exercice of exploit of code?
Anyway, I think your size of 1400 is good and can prevent problem. Ok
but you can't change it as it! Stability drop. Work must be clean and
you must prevent incompatibility between 2.0 client/server. This is
major modification who can justify new release! Open source
ingeneering worked as it or it's prehaps just my dream.
Anyway, about 50 people play on warserser enterely based on your code
Improvements added are only for making games shorter in time. It's
probably why you don't run pubserver anymore.
So we try to devellop our code on your steps. So please, don't react
as it and do something!
Don't blame leaver devollopers or missing documentions. Mistake is
mistake. Doesn't correct it and you make seconds... Doesn't be
hermetic! You can't develop on know buggy software (Report on the
meaning of Compatibility)!
Open source developpement give you a possiblity to have many try of
developpement code on many system. That's help you to have feed back
of problems. So don't tell us to must use official release and leave
developpent code. That's first projet that I see want to!

Regards