I play svn trunk, and am at revision 13359. I always upgrade by doing
"make clean", "svn up" and then "./autogen.sh --prefix=[path to dir in
my home]".

Production always shows "xxx/1" in the city report page or popup dialog,
though the number of turns remaining is correct.

Choosing "buy" from the city popup or the city report page deducts the
amount of gold from my treasury, but the item isn't purchased. In fact,
it's possible to repeatedly press "buy" (as long as enough gold is in
treasury), and have the cost repeatedly deducted.