On Sat, 25 Aug 2007, Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa wrote:

> Hello,
>
> As you are probably aware, I (vasc) am no longer actively coding for
> this project. I used to be active in the past, before I, and the other
> maintainers, felt we had better avenues to pursue and went elsewhere.
> But we still have a place in our heart for this project. See:
> http://www.ohloh.net/projects/3229/analyses/latest/contributors
>
> We have some new manpower but the House of Freeciv is a bit ruined.
>
> Dust and mothballs are piling up. I believe the first place to start
> with, now that the game code and data, our crown jewels, are safe, is
> communication. I believe e-mail lists, news, forums are relics of the past.
>
> We should offload all our public group communications to Google Groups.
>
> Why?
> - Nearly everyone already has a Google account.
> - The freeciv-dev and player forum discussions are public anyway.
> - It takes no extra maintainer effort from us.
> - It does e-mail and it does web forums.
>
> Please discuss.

Hello,

I think that Freeciv still should have this mailing list, it's has
probably been crucial for the project in the past, and I don't think that
has changed much. Many of the successfull open source projects still use
mailing lists.

Why is the "House of Freeciv a bit ruined"? I would think that there are
still a lot of people interested in the project...  :-)

  - Andreas R.