Since there has been some discussion about the stability of
translatable strings in the stable branch recently, I'd like to know
what's your opinion about updates of the SDL client in S2_1.
Personally, I'd like to keep the S2_1/2.1.x version in sync with the
trunk version as long as possible (or at least until 2.2 gets
released), since it's still missing basic features, has several
usability problems and it's unclear how well I'll be able to catch up
with future changes in trunk that might require bigger changes to the
GUI. It's also unclear if a 2.2 version will still compile and run on
a Pocket PC, which might not be the case anymore if memory usage
increases too much or if new dependency libraries are added that don't
compile or work on this platform. So, you see there are several
reasons to continue work on the SDL client in S2_1, but this will
surely break translation every now and then. If you consider this to
be a big problem, a possible solution might be to fork the gui-sdl
directory in S2_1 and leave one "as is" (fully translated, but hardly
updated) and the other one untranslated, but with regular updates of
all kinds. What do you think?