Daniel Markstedt wrote:
> Ok, so instead of backtracking with 2.2, would it be possible to add a
> forward-compatibility layer to 2.1? Simply speaking, the savegame code
> would read a 2.2 map and interpret ' ' '.' ',' ';' etc as identical
> ocean tiles. I know it sounds hackish, but it would be immensely
> helpful.

Exactly as civ1 and civ2 in trunk do now? :-)

And your "compatibility" would last right up until I check-in the civ3-like
land tiles that I posted last May.

You want an editor for 2.1, port the editor to 2.1!

For the record, I'm not in favor of "forward-compatibility".  2.1 has
stagnated for 2 years, it's time to put it to bed and move on....