From: "Daniel Markstedt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: (PR#39754) WHY HAS FREECIV DECIDED TO HIDE SERVER OPTIONS
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 18:16:19 -0700

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] - Fri Oct 05 22:59:28 2007]:
>
> REGARDING THE FOUR BUG REPORTS - I ADDED THE NEEDED INFO ALREADY IN
>    EMAIL REPLY.
>
> THE ONLY Q I HAVE REMAINING IS: WHY HAS FREECIV DECIDED TO HIDE SERVER
>    OPTIONS LIKE THE SAVE-GAME FILE NAME???  I LIKE TO SET THIS EVERY
>    TIME, HOW DO I CHANGE THESE HIDDEN SERVER OPTIONS IN SINGLE PLAYER
>    GAMES??

They aren't hidden as such, it's just that noone has implemented a gui
option for them in the (GTK2) client, yet.

You can use the chatline/commandline in pregame to set any server option
though. To change the savegame prefix for example, do:

/set savename yourgamename

Reference of all server options at
http://freeciv.wikia.com/wiki/Server_options

 ~Daniel

PS. Please don't write your bug reports in capitals. DS.