> [EMAIL PROTECTED] - Mar. Oct. 09 23:27:21 2007]:
>
> Oh joy, I guess that will break network compatibility then, so that
> means a serverside fix for 2.0 ..

My propositions of changing packets is only for next released versions
(like 2.1, 2.2 and later).
The solution for 2.0 is an ugly hack: iterate adjacent unit and check if
the player have a diplomat, and if he can do the action.

> So to fix this in 2.1 you can just add a UNIT diplomat_id to the *_INQ
> packets. But  what do you think of merging Diplomat_Action packet with
> the bribe_inq packet.
>

> PACKET_UNIT_BRIBE_INQ=67;cs,handle-per-conn,dsend
>   UNIT unit_id;
> end
>
> PACKET_CITY_INCITE_INQ=33;cs,handle-per-conn,dsend
>   CITY city_id;
> end
>
> PACKET_UNIT_DIPLOMAT_ACTION=70;cs,dsend
>   UNIT diplomat_id;
>   DIPLOMAT_ACTION action_type;
>   UNIT target_id;   # city_id or unit_id target_id;
>   SINT16 value;
> end

Sounds a good idea. This packets could be considered as diplomat actions.

PS: Why do the PACKET_UNIT_BRIBE_INQ and the PACKET_CITY_INCITE_INQ have
the handle-per-conn flag? Do observers need to access such datas?