On 10/22/07, Daniel J McDonald <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I compiled and installed 2.1.0-RC1 on a Mandriva 2008.0 system.  At
> various times, the civ server crashes, and my one client shows "lost
> connection to server".  I don't see any logs that provide me with a clue
> why it is crashing.
>
> I'm willing to run debugs or whatever is needed to get good logs, but I
> need instructions on how to gather those logs from this particular
> program.

Here is a short recap of what you can do to debug. I'm not sure how to
help you reproduce your errors though...

reproduce
1. always start the server from the command line (./ser)
2. try to reproduce the bug from the last save game
3. set saveturns=1

debugging
1. have dev tools
2. enable core dumps (ulimit -S -c unlimited)
3. enable debugging symbols in freeciv (./configure --enable-debug=yes)
4. run gdb server/civserver
5. if you get a crash type backtrace (or just bt)

--
/emj