On 11/2/07,  <> wrote:
> with reputation gone from freeciv, the Eiffel tower's role in the game
> is diminished as of the moment
>
> "Your reputation and goodwill among other nations is increased while
> you possess this wonder.  Reputation is recovered twice as fast as
> it would otherwise.

Maybe it is diminished, and maybe the helptext should be changed, but
it does have its primary purpose intact: AI players will become more
friendly over time with the owner of the Eiffel Tower. I think it is a
nice wonder for new players who want to cuddle up to the AI players
instead of making war on them. It is of course useless for
aggressively minded, experienced players, but it was never meant for
them in the first place.

   - Per