> [wsimpson - Thu Sep 27 12:33:21 2007]:
>
> Daniel Markstedt wrote:
> > On 9/27/07, Egor Vyscrebentsov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> So, what do you want? A function which will return string contains
> >> leader name and title in proper order?
> >
> > Yes. After that, all clients have to be modified to use this function
> > instead of manually prepending titles.
> >
> Should this be based on the language of the user?  Or the language of
> the title?

Both, I think. In English, the title "king" is prepended, while the
Chinese translation "wang" is appended. At the same time, the Mongolian
title "khan" is appended in both languages, i.e. "Kublai Khan".

> A data driven design for the latter could be modifying the titles to
> have a %s where the leader name is properly placed.  That should help
> with right to left languages, too.

Sounds like an excellent solution! Then we can define an English
default, while translators are allowed to invert it if it's required in
their own languages.

> I'd also like to modify the data to pair leader name and sex.  It's a
> minor nuisance, but counting is a bit of an annoyance.

Maybe you could revive PR#18260...

 ~Daniel