William Allen Simpson wrote:

> Randy Kramer wrote:
>> If this is a step toward making freeciv more civ3-ish, I'd like to request
>> that a means be kept to continue to have civ1 and civ2 like play.
>>
> That's part of the idea.  The current code is not parameterized.
>
> (Per preferred one-size fits all -- "long wanted the game to leave its
> origins as a clone, emulator, and multiplayer hack of the commercial
> games it drew its inspiration from, and instead streamline the rules
> and interface to make it one, good single-player game.")

Some sort of balance is needed that gives decent rule flexibility
without the huge proliferation of options that is overwhelming for users
and never get tested enough for coders to keep them current.

For borders you don't have to worry though: the option of just turning
off borders should always be present and is what civ1/civ2 do.

-jason