Jason Dorje Short wrote:

> William Allen Simpson wrote:
>>
>> Naive trunk implementation:
>
> Naive is fine but you forgot to add the check to configure.ac.  Attached
> patch does that.
>
> But now it still won't compile, and I don't understand why.

Still strange.

Delving into the preprocessor, if I just throw a -E on to the above line
the resulting file has no prototype for the function at all.  Yet it is
clearly present in the header, surrounded by #ifdef __USE_GNU which is
presumably being left undefined somehow in compilation while it was
defined properly during the configure check.

I suppose I could upload my string.h if anyone has any bright ideas.

-jason