That's right, this function is wrong, else, there shouldn't be any problem.

Your patch forbid the moves for path bigger than 1 turn.

You should name your fuel variable moves_left or something like this,
since it's a number of moves and not a number of turn for the fuel.

I think that is_pos_dangerous_fuel() should be used for all types of
moves if there is fuel. Why shouldn't be a ruleset with a land fueled unit?

As long that helicopter is not a fueled unit, there shouldn't be any
dangerous position, or a special function for it (but it could be very
slow). Helicopter moves still cannot work with this patch, except if you
have the United Nations wonder. And as I remember, Per said, helicopter
shouldn't have dangerous position, the users just should take care of it.