> [jordi - So 28. Okt 2007, 23:47:27]:
>
> > [chrisk - Vie. Ago. 24 13:36:50 2007]:
> > configure doesn't look for ggzlib in the standard path:
> >
> > On plain Debian Etch:
> >
> > ./configure --enable-client=no --with-ggz-server
> >
> > checking for GGZ library: libggz... no
>
> For Freeciv 2.1 Debian packages, I'm adding the following to the
> configure call:
>                  --with-libggz-libraries=/usr/lib \
>                  --with-libggz-includes=/usr/include \
>                  --with-ggzmod-libraries=/usr/lib \
>                  --with-ggzmod-includes=/usr/include \
>                  --with-ggzdmod-libraries=/usr/lib \
>                  --with-ggzdmod-includes=/usr/include \
>                  --with-ggzconfig=/usr/bin \
>
> which it seems to like: the binaries are linked to the relevant ggz libs.

just adding "--with-ggz-dir=/usr" works as well, but there are still two
other problems:

- Freeciv must be configured with "--prefix=/usr" (where GGZ is
installed) or the configure check for ggz-config will fail with the
message "dismissed due to different prefix"

- on Debian testing the GGZ server (ggzd) is installed in /usr/sbin
which means that it must be run as root and thus will start the Freeciv
server as root, which is disallowed