Daniel Markstedt wrote:

> On 11/28/07, Jason Short <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> [wsimpson - Sun Nov 25 18:14:27 2007]:
>>>
>>> "Sir, the diplomat is waiting for your command"
>>> "Sir, the spy is waiting for your command"
>> Problematic.
>>
>> Using Sir and Ma'am does not jive well with all governments.  But there
>> is no form-of-address identifier in the government ruleset to cover this
>> either.
>>
>> For 2.1 the best fix may just be removing the "Sir, " part (easily
>> adapted with PO files which become fuzzy).
>>
>> For the development branch maybe we should add such a field to the
>> governments.ruleset.  Sir/Ma'am, Sire/????, Comrade/Comrade, etc.
>>
>> -jason
>>

> Any reason the ruler titles can't be used as they are?
>
> "Prime Minister, ..."
> "General, ..."
> "Chief, ..."
> etc.

   Queen, the diplomat is waiting for your command.

Sounds very weird to me, worse than just removing the address.

   Sire, the diplomat is waiting for your command.

...is how it "should" be under monarchy.

   The diplomat is waiting for your command.

...is a perfectly fine sentence, just lacking the flavor of the form of
address.

-jason