William Allen Simpson wrote:

>> For portability, we should re-write this section.
>>
> Damnit, was already re-written in 2.1, but not in 2.2/trunk.  As I've
> said before, I really really really wish that folks fixing bugs in 2.1
> would also fix them in 2.2/trunk....

On that topic, why do we have a 2.2 already?  Obviously bug fixes should
go to it but it seems you are committing most patches to it and that
just means it's a mirror of trunk.  It's been 2 years or something since
the S2_1 branching so no doubt there is enough code to justify a S2_2
but if we're going to do that we need to actually make it different from
trunk.

-jason