William Allen Simpson wrote:

> Jason Dorje Short wrote:
>> On that topic, why do we have a 2.2 already?
>
> You should, of course, re-read your messages circa Sep 12th.

Negative.  "RTFM" is not an acceptable answer on this mailing list.  If
you can give me a search term I'll be happy to peruse a specific thread.
  But I suspect the 10 seconds it would take you to do that would be
better spent giving a 10-second summary of the reason.

> I'd be happy to stop posting any patches at all to trunk, and use 2.2
> as the development branch....  It really is a waste of time doing
> everything twice or three times.

That was, in fact, entirely my point.  Which is why I wonder why we have
2.2 yet.

-jason