This transaction appears to have no content
I can confirm that on Freeciv v2.1.0-rc1 for Windows, the human player may leave offers from AIs of cease fire, peace, requests for shared map, and requests for embassy open for at least several turns without answering them or closing them.

I suspect that the code has not changed enough since then for the current version not to have the same "feature", but you would know that better than I.

I just confirmed that the player can also open a diplomacy offer and then fail to accept it, and that the dialog remains open past the end of a turn.  .