On 11/30/07, Jason Dorje Short <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Daniel Markstedt wrote:
>
> > freeciv.org: Our own aging servers in Paul's basement. Are they up to
> > the task?
>
> To be avoided.
>
> > sourceforge.net: The question was if bugzilla could run on SF.net webspace?
>
> Would be nice.

"Disk Quota: Each project is provided 100MB of disk space for their
usage." I'm quite sure the RT database ecxeeds that already. (
http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=4297&group_id=1#acceptable_use
)

> > icculus.org: IIRC, this was Per's contact. Status?
> > seul.org: IIRC, this was Egor's contact. Status?
>
> Is that any better than freeciv.org?

Dunno. Haven't yet seen their terms of use.

> What about GNA?

If you mean the tracker, there was the problem that all projects use
common bug numbering. If we were to import a database of tens of
thousands of reports, it'd upset that system.

> ----
>
> To me the biggest issue is carrying over the bug database.  Not that
> this is a show-stopper since it's clear that RT is not going to last
> forever and the longer we wait the worst the problem there will get -
> but, as RT is a simple database and bugzilla (or whatever) is a simple
> database it really shouldn't be too hard to transfer the whole thing over.
>
> -jason

 ~Daniel