The good news is that I tested against 2.2, and it doesn't crash.  So,
porting the rest of the update_mouse_cursor() patch should fix this
particular symptom....

The VERY BAD NEWS is that this is not the only problem.  I cannot find a
code path from the Leave command to control_done().

Therefore, all the battlegroup, client goto, etc. lists are still holding
units and stuff from the previous game.  And that's true for 2.2/trunk!

This is the umpteenth time we've seen that code ported from warclients is
very poorly written.  Let's see, I've already suggested hanging from their
toes, and lopping off their fingers to prevent future atrocities -- what
else can be done to punish the perpetrators?