Yeah, but the city list in the ruleset DOES contain cities
that have never been part of the Principality of Catalonia, or
the Region of Catalonia or the current Autonomy. There's even
a comment stating:

; This city list does not actually correspond to medieval Catalonia,
; but rather to the "Països Catalans" of modern ethnolinguistic
; nationalists.

So, what do we do?

Option 1: restrict the ruleset to Catalonia itself -> cities like Alacant,
Elx, Palma de Mallorca, L'Alguer, et cetera, should be removed.

Option 2: accept outright that the ruleset corresponds to the
Països Catalans option. The only change needed would be replace
"medieval" with "fictional". Let's not forget that there aren't any
aragonese NON-catalan-speaking cities in the list.

Option 3: create an aragonese ruleset for the CROWN of Aragon.

Options 2 and 3 are compatible, and -if it were for me-, I'd implement
both.

On Jan 6, 2008 11:22 AM, William Allen Simpson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Our replies crossed paths.
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > The current catalan.ruleset does NOT represent the medieval counties of
> > Catalonia or the Crown of Aragon. Instead, it represents the "Països
> > Catalans", a non-existing nation that some catalans want to create,
> > seceding from Spain, and taking all the areas that are catalan-speaking:
> > Catalonia, Valencia (either most or all of it), a strip of the current
> > Aragon autonomy, the Balearic islands, the strip of Catalonia dominated
> > by France (almost all of the Pyrénées-Orientales department), Andorra
> > and the Sardinian city of Alghero.
> >
> According to the self determination of the populace, an _existing_ nation.
> And the ruleset specifically states the city list is modern.
>

> > So, he is right in stating that this is NOT a medieval nation (a ruleset
> > for the Crown of Aragon would be). Instead, it should be marked as
> > fictional or, at most, modern.
> >
> You mean the "Principality of Catalonia", the "Crown of Aragon" was later.
>
> Actually, having cities from different eras in more than one nation is
> fairly typical in our rulesets.
>
> English are listed as Medieval, and British as Modern, but there's lots of
> current cities in both.  And a fair number are actually Scottish....
>
> Greeks are listed as Ancient, and Hellenic as Modern, but there's lots of
> current cities in both.  And a fair number are actually Macedonian....

Miguel Farah
[EMAIL PROTECTED]